I love feeding my family. I especially love giving them yummy desserts! These delicious homemade brownies are one of our favorites. If you love rich, moist, thick, chocolatey brownies that must be washed down with a glass of milk - these are it!
What You'll Need!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups of white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips {I buy Kroger brand - I like that they are not so small}
- 4 eggs {I use 4 large eggs}
- 2 sticks of butter {margarine is okay - butter is better}
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Let's Get Baking!
- Melt butter over medium heat in a sauce pan
- Just before butter is completely melted - add sugar. Stir until butter is completely melted and sugar is mixed evenly into the melted butter.
- Transfer melted butter and sugar mixture into bowl. I use my KitchenAid Mixer
- In same bowl, mix together butter/sugar mixture, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, eggs, cocoa powder and flower. {I allow the mixer to run for a couple minutes - mixture will be thick}
- When all above ingredients are mixed thoroughly - stir in chocolate chips.
- IMMEDIATELY pour into greased 13x9 baking pan. {The longer you wait - the thicker and harder to transfer the mixture}
- Bake at 350 for 23 minutes. Your oven may require a few more minutes. {I know that is an odd number - but it will continue to cook in the pan for a minute or two once it is removed from the oven. Overdone brownies are just not yummy!}
Additional {Optional} Ingredients
- Melt chocolate and shortening together - drizzle over top of brownies
- Add chopped nuts
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top of brownies
These are delicious on their own or served with a side of vanilla ice cream.
I prefer to serve immediately. I think they are best when they are warm. So I make them within a few hours of when I intend to serve. Make sure to keep them in a sealed container so they do not harden.
Enjoy! Let me know how they turn out for you.
My Favorite Brownie Pans
- Entemann's Brownie Maker Set.
- Wilton 12-Cavity Nonstick Square Brownie Bar Pan
- Wilton Excelle Elite Heart Shaped Pan


